Thursday 23 September 2010

The Dating Game


This week I've been pointed in the direction of this blog.  As you can see there are some quite wonderful and witty responses to messages received by the author whilst they have been Internet Dating.  Firstly, it is definitely worth having a read.

Why do some people think it's fine to chastise others that admit to doing the Internet Dating thing?  It is seen as a method of finding that special special someone for 'no-hopers' and people who have previously failed.  I guess it is these reasons that those who try it prefer to keep it a secret.

My thoughts are that anyone who goes down this route isn't anything but a brave individual.  It takes alot of courage to write a profile of yourself which will be scrutinised, pulled apart and then be discarded by others looking for that potential date.  That's before you've received any replies and arranged any dates.  Then there's the actual date and all the anticipation, fear and expectation to handle.  Like I say, only the brave and courageous will succeed.

It's probably a good job that I was introduced to Mrs. S by some friends as I don't think I could pluck up the required courage to try Internet Dating.  Knowing me I would bottle it at the last minute and wimp out!

So, next time you hear of a friend, family member or colleague giving Internet dating a go, think twice about taking the piss eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment